You must have heard about classic car shows, which happen every year. There are hundreds of cars that are displayed by their owner to thousands of people attending it. These classic cars include Jaguar, Porche, Mini Cooper, Volkswagen Beetle, and many more. To transport these cars from one place to another is naturally going to be risky. So, here in this article, we are going to write all about these easy shipping ways and some tips for getting your car noticed in the next show.
What are the shipping services?
Shipping a car is very crucial work today, which needs some expertise to help you. You can do it on your own, but in cases where you can’t drive such long distances, many shipping companies can help you in such a situation. For example, you must have heard about Ship a Car, Inc. which is one of the best car shipping companies in the USA. They make sure that their customers are happy enough with their services, which are done safely and within the timeline.
There are two types of shipping services i.e. an open transport and enclosed one. An open transport can be used for normal car and the enclosed one is used for classic car transport.
Why is covered transport better for classic cars?
Covered transportations are done by having trailers roof and four sides. The cars inside these trailers are safe and protected from the outside environment. These kinds of trailers are mainly used for cars that are rare, antique, or very expensive. The best part about these cars is that they carry only one or two cars in them
There are two types of trailers, one which has a hard side and the other one having a soft side. Hard-sided trailers are made from fiberglass, aluminum, or tin, while the soft-sided trailers are made from canvas. Hard sides provide the best protection as compared to soft sides.
Reasons why covered car transport is better:
- Covered trailers have a special tool for loading and unloading your classic cars like the hydraulic lifts or the extended race ramps.
- It provides safety and security as it is covered from all sides, thus protecting your classic cars from the outside environment and the prying eyes.
- The best part is if you have cleaned and polished your car well before loading it in the carrier, the same state car would be delivered to you.
- Carriers that carry these kinds of classic cars will always have increased insurance coverage. This is because the kind of cargo they use for such transport is worth more than the standard car.
- Even if you have more than one car then you also have the option of shipping multiple cars at a time.
- This enclosed transport can give you the flexibility of door-to-door shipping too
- The companies who provide this facility need to have well-experienced and specialist knowledge.
The cost of shipping using this covered transport is high. This is due to its high demand and extra security. However, it is worth it for the classic cars you have.